Association of Youth Organizations Nepal (AYON), a not-for-profit, autonomous, and youth-led youth-run network of youth organizations established in 2005. It acts as an umbrella organization of youth organizations throughout the country and provides a common platform for collaboration, cooperation, joint actions, and collective endeavor among youth organizations in Nepal. AYON is registered with the District Administration Office (DAO), Kathmandu in 2005 and has its affiliation with the Social Welfare Council (SWC) of Nepal in 2006. It represents 92 youth organizations representing more than 600,000 members of 44 districts.
AYON hereby invites qualified candidates to submit their cv and cover letter for the position listed below for the role and responsibilities as follows:
|Job Description:||Program Manager (1)||Responsible to:||Projects Management|
|Responsible for:||overseeing the, programs, and strategic plan of the projects||Location, Group & Function:||Operation Office, Kathmandu|
|Placement location:||Kathmandu with Frequent Field Visits||Report to:||Executive Director, Executive Committee|
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities of Program Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the program’s governance arrangements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the program’s budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program’s individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the program
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the program’s successful outcome
- Working with the business change manager or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the program at regular intervals to the SRO or program director if this role is also defined on large and complex programs, it may be appropriate to appoint other individuals to support the program manager for some of the particular responsibilities listed above, for example a risk manager, a communications manager or a benefits manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum Master’s degree on Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or any relevant fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on working with youths and local governments, policies preferably experienced coordinating or overseeing programs on Climate Change Adaptation, Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Experienced in coordinating with relevant government stakeholders, local level committees,
- NGOs and other CSOs
- Knowledge and experience regarding gender, inclusion, climate change and disaster resilience.
- Demonstrable communication, facilitation skills.
- Proper knowledge of project management cycle
- Proper knowledge of project planning, budgeting, programmatic and financial reporting and
- Excellent report writing skills in Nepali or English (English Preferred), administrative experience, word processing’s skills.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of program and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2(external link opens in a new window / tab)
Interested candidate meeting the above mentioned requirements are requested to apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or a physical documents at AYON operation office Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal before April 16, 2022 .
*AYON strives for inclusion and diversity in all of our programs and internal human resources. People with Disability, women, LGBTI+, ethnic groups and minorities are specially encouraged to apply.
AYON takes a zero tolerance approach to the abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure the protection of the children, young people and vulnerable adults we work with from harm and to abide by AYON’s safeguarding policy and procedures.