Association of Youth Organizations Nepal (AYON), a not-for-profit, autonomous, and youth-led youth-run network of youth organizations established in 2005. It acts as an umbrella organization of youth organizations throughout the country and provides a common platform for collaboration, cooperation, joint actions, and collective endeavor among youth organizations in Nepal. AYON is registered with the District Administration Office (DAO), Kathmandu in 2005 and has its affiliation with the Social Welfare Council (SWC) of Nepal in 2006. It represents 92 youth organizations representing more than 600,000 members of 44 districts.
AYON hereby invites qualified candidates to submit their cv and cover letter for the position listed below for the role and responsibilities as follows:
|Job Description:||Executive Director (1)||Responsible for:||Organizational Operations Management|
|Responsible for:||overseeing the operations, programs, and strategic plan of the organization location||Location, Group & Function:||Operation Office, Kathmandu|
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading AYON in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Executive Boards.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support AYON’s mission.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of AYON’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that AYON can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of AYON’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
3) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible effective administration of AYON operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Report to and work closely with the executive board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as AYON’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance AYON’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive board.
- A Master’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years’ senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a executive board.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Interested candidate meeting the above mentioned requirements are requested to apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com or a physical documents at AYON operation office Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal before April 12, 2022 .
*AYON strives for inclusion and diversity in all of our programs and internal human resources. People with Disability, women, LGBTI+, ethnic groups and minorities are specially encouraged to apply.
AYON takes a zero tolerance approach to the abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure the protection of the children, young people and vulnerable adults we work with from harm and to abide by AYON’s safeguarding policy and procedures.