About the Competition
This contest presents a unique opportunity to youth to give a voice of youth with the leaders engaged in shaping the future of our societies. The contest is organized as part of the knowledge sharing to the related stakeholders with youth understanding on employment and enterprising in the current scenario practically faced by the youth in the country. This is being organized by Association of Youth Organisation Nepal (AYON) in with the support of Employment Fund/HELVETAS Swiss Interco-operation Nepal.
We are looking for videos with a powerful message, which clearly show what employment is and how employment generating activities promote enterprising. The video competition is your chance to explain how you want society to be shaped for youth’s employment and employment generating enterprise.
Eligibility and details:
How to participate?
- Create a video of a maximum five minutes that could show how to address the challenges and opportunities faced by the youth on Employment and Enterprising currently in Nepal.
- If you don’t have a camera, use your phone! (Since the selected videos will be screened on the International Youth Day, so the quality of these video will be assumed in good resolution)
Here are some guiding questions:
- What are your views on the current scenario of employment and enterprising in the country?
- How do you want to shape the society for youth’s employment opportunity?
- How can stakeholders promote the environment of decent work for youth employment?
- Why are youth needed in Nepal’s workforce?
- What can youth do for Nepal?
How to submit your video?
Send your video with your documentary title, Theme (with explanation not exceeding 100 words),
Name, Age, Gender, Address and Contact No. to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or summit at Association of Youth Organisation Nepal (AYON) office.
The participants grant the Association of Youth Organisation Nepal (AYON) and Employment Fund/HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, a free of charge, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, worldwide license to use the copyright, related rights or any other intellectual property rights that have arisen by law or will arise by law in the prepared and submitted videos. By submitting your video, you accept these Entry Rules and Conditions.
- Youth aged 16- 35 years
- You (individual/group) must be focusing your work on youth employment and enterprise at the local and national level
- Don’t forget to give us your powerful message on the issue!
- Videos must be a maximum of five minutes long;
- You may only send one video for submission;
- Videos can be in both Nepali in English language;
- Video should be compatible to be played in VLC media player;
- Please submit the e-copy of the video either by flash drive or by CD
- Please write up a brief description of your video in the body of the email;
Deadline for submissions: 10th August 2013 (by 12 noon)
Save the date!!!!
August 2 – August 10: Send us your videos
August 12: Winners attends the International Youth Day 2013 program and receive award.
Award to the Winners
The jury comprises by the expert from the Employment Enterprising sector will select best three winners and these winners will be awarded (with the equipments equals to the amount NPR. 15,000, for the First, 12,000 for the Second and 9,000 for the Third) on the International Youth Day (12th August 2013) during the event celebration at Rastriya Shava Griha (City Hall), Kathmandu.
Screening of the Video
Awarded videos will be screened during the International Youth Day Celebration.
For more information on this video contest, please contact us at:
Association of Youth Organizations Nepal (AYON)
42-Danphe Marg, Babar Mahal
P.O. Box 24871, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +977-1-4255388, Fax: +977-1-4248873